When it comes to protecting your bank account, people try to use all sort of difficult passwords and unbreakable security measures in order to protect their bank accounts. Same is the case with email accounts and other personal internet accounts. People tend to use all sort of high level passwords so that no one is able to breach the security of their email accounts by hacking it. Protecting a person’s email account is very important these days as the information in the email account of any person if falls into wrong hands can destroy the life and reputation of that person.
Similarly, if any hacker gets access to your email account then he can easily use it for any illegal purposes which can put you in trouble with legal authorities. Gmail is the world’s mostly used email account service as the email accounts of Gmail are very fast, reliable and easily accessible in any part of the world. It is strongly recommended to set up a strong password for your Gmail account and if your Gmail password is not strong enough then it is strongly recommended to change it as soon as possible.
- In order to reset your Gmail password, first of all you have to sign in to your Gmail account by entering your Gmail id and current password.
- When you reach your Gmail inbox, you have to click on the “settings” icon given on the top right area of your inbox page.
- Clicking on this option will take you to another page from where you can change general settings, accounts settings, labels settings, filters settings, forwarding and POP/IMAP settings of Google.
- All you have to do is click on the option of accounts and your window will enter the settings of your account.
- At the lower area of this page, you will see the option of Google account settings. A link would also be available and by clicking on that link, you will reach a window where you can easily reset your Gmail password.
- By clicking on the link of Google accounts settings, you will reach a window where the option of change password would be given in the security corner. By clicking on that option, you will reach another page where by entering the desired information of the current password and new password and reconfirming that new password, you can reset your Gmail password.
- Make sure to set a strong password with at least 8 characters and combine the letters and numbers in that password.